Follow below steps for hassle free setup
# Remove Free version of Plugin.
– Under Plugins, go to ‘Installed Plugins’, find Free plugin ‘Listings for Appfolio’.
– deactivate and delete.
# Install and activate “Listings for Appfolio Pro”.
– under Plugins, go to ‘add new’
– click button ‘Upload Plugin’
– browse for plugin file you have purchased and click ‘Install Now’
– activate plugin.
# Activate your License Key
– under ‘Appfolio’, select ‘settings’
– insert your License key and click ‘Activate’ & then ‘Confirm’
# Add allow_url_fopen function
– Login into cPanel/FTP and find php.ini file in public_html
– Insert following code: allow_url_fopen = 1
Note: This plugin depends on “allow_url_fopen” to get the content from appfolio listings page. Please add “allow_url_fopen = 1” in your php.ini file or contact your hosting to enable it for you.
# Enter your Appfolio Listings URL
– Under ‘Appfolio’ go to Settings and Insert your link
Note: do not add “/” in end of your link
Correct – https://example.appfolio.com
Wrong – https://example.appfolio.com/
Google Map Settings
# Enable or Disable Google Map
– Under ‘Appfolio’ go to Settings
– Insert Google Map JS API Key to Enable google map
– Leave this field blank to Disable google map
Display Your Listings
# Add Short-code to Page
– Create a New Page
– Paste short-code [ apfl_listings] and Save the page
# Display all listings with default settings
# Display Listings from different URLs
# Display Listings from different Groups
# Display Types/Groups as a Filter (separated by commas)
# Display Search Form anywhere
# Separate Listing Details Page (enter this page URL under plugin’s settings)
# Listings Slider
# Listings Carousel
Still need help? Contact us for help.
Please make sure to follow all steps for PRO plugin installation. Common known issues can be fixed by following tips:
– Delete FREE version of plugin.
– Use a Shortcode block instead of content block if using any page builders.
– Use full URL including https:// for your appfolio URL under plugin’s settings.
– Make sure to remove “/” at end of your appfolio URL.
– Add allow_url_fopen function in php.ini file.
# Listings not showing from a Group
Follow these steps to create a group and adding properties to that group:
– Login into your appfolio account as a account owner.
– In the top search bar, type group and then click “Property Groups” under the Pages.
– Now click “New Property Group” from the right sidebar to create a new group.
– Enter the group name as you want and then select the properties that you want to add to this group and click Save button.
– Now, from the left menu, click Vacancies under Leasing menu item. On this vacancies page, click “Post” button next to the Website for each listings under that group.
– Now the listings/vacancies from that group are ready to be shown on your website. Use the below shortcode in the page/post on your WordPress website:
[apfl_listings type=”888 State St”]
Replace “888 State St” with your group name and the listings from that property group should display on your website.